If you’re a new or even an experienced blogger, you’re probably always on the lookout for some of the best affiliate marketing networks for bloggers. But just in case you’re not familiar with the difference between an affiliate program and an affiliate network, here’s an explanation:
With an affiliate program, you sign up directly with the company you will be an affiliate for. Examples of this include:
That’s just a tiny example of the thousands of direct affiliate programs available. But the point is, if you want to be an affiliate for them, you directly to their site, (typically) scroll to the bottom of the main page and look for something like “affiliate program” or “referral program” and join the program through the application on their site.
On the other hand, Affiliate Networks work differently. First you apply to be a member of the network, and from there you can apply to the programs of your choice, usually with access to hundreds or even thousands of affiliate programs to join.
There are certainly advantages and disadvantages to both scenarios, but here are some of the reasons I like joining affiliate networks over individual programs:
- Typically when you join a network, you enter all the information about your blog, your target market, your social media reach, etc. They store that information so that you don’t have to re-enter it every time you apply for a new affiliate partnership. Easy Peasy!
- You get paid all of your commissions in one spot. Most programs have minimum payouts, so if you’re an affiliate for several companies in one network, you’re more likely to hit that minimum payout sooner.
- All your stats are in one place, so you don’t have to log into a bunch of different affiliate portals to see how your affiliate campaigns are coming along.
Now that you know some of the advantages of joining networks, let’s get to the best affiliate marketing networks for bloggers!
- ShareASale has been in the affiliate marketing business for almost 20 years.
- They have over 4,500 merchants across a variety of categories, like: business, green products, , etc.
Some of the Programs You Might Be Interested in Joining Through ShareASale:
- Tailwind (a social media scheduling platform)
- NameCheap (they sell low-cost domains and hosting)
- Content Development Pros (a writing service for bloggers and more)
- They also offer their own affiliate program that rewards you for referring other affiliates.
What Types of Bloggers Might Want To Join ShareASale:
ShareASale is honestly one of my favorite affiliate networks, which is why I have it towards the top. With over 4500 merchants, almost any blogger is likely to find products worthy of recommending, like: Freshbooks, Warby Parker, CreativeBug, Thinkific, Bags & Bows, Survey Junkie, etc.
Some of the ShareASale categories with the most merchants are: accessories, clothing, home & garden, green products, computers, food and drink, family, gifts, sports & fitness, travel, etc.
- AWIN has over 15,000 merchants and 200,000 publishers (affiliates).
- They are a global network, with over 13 offices worldwide.
- It’s super easy and intuitive to use, with tracking, link-building, and a variety of reports to see how you’re links are doing.
Some of the Programs You Might Be Interested in Joining Through AWIN:
- Etsy (the handmade marketplace)
- Fiverr (the one-stop-shop for affordable digital services)
- AliExpress (a drop-shipping, super cheap marketplace)
- And AWIN itself pays its affiliates $30 for referring new bloggers/publishers.
What Types of Bloggers Might Want To Join AWIN
I originally joined AWIN because they were the affiliate network for Etsy, and I was promoting a lot of Etsy shop owners at that time. But with over 15k merchants, almost any type of blogger will find plenty of places to apply.
Because it’s worldwide, some merchants will have affiliate programs specific to certain countries or regions. Be sure to apply to the program in your area.
CJ Affiliates Overview:
- CJ Affiliates (formerly known as Commission Junction) has been around for over 20 years.
- The platform is available in multiple languages, like: English, French, Spanish, German, Czech, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese and Japanese
- You can earn commissions by partnering with some of the world’s most widely recognized brands and successfully promoting what they offer.
Some of the Programs You Might Be Interested in Joining Through CJ Affiliates:
- FlexJobs (the leading resource for job seekers looking for legitimate, professional remote and flexible jobs).
- WeWork (short to long term private and shared office space rentals)
- Aweber (an email marketing platform)
What Types of Bloggers Might Want To Join CJ Affiliates:
Some of the most popular categories on CJ are: clothing and accessories, health and wellness, travel, home decor, betting, etc. They work with some giant, very well known brands like: Zappos, GoPro, Lowe’s, J.Crew, Priceline and many, many more.
- MaxBounty offers high-converting cost-per-action campaigns from hundreds of advertisers seeking your blogging, media-buying, social media, and e-mail marketing expertise.
- They build and implement new features with the purpose of increasing your affiliate income.
- They pay weekly, which is rare for affiliate networks!
Some of the Programs You Might Be Interested in Joining Through CJ MaxBounty:
- LinkedIn Learning
- InBox Dollars (pays members to read emails, take surveys online, play games, and go shopping! New users also receive $5 just for joining.)
- MaxBounty itself! When you refer a new affiliate, MaxBounty pays you 5% of their revenue for 12 months
What Types of Bloggers Might Want To Join MaxBounty:
MaxBounty has a lot of financial and health related products, as well as software, spirituality, giveaways, surveys and more. It’s not always easy to find just the right campaigns, but you can search by top campaigns, trending campaigns and more.
JV Zoo Overview:
- JVZoo was recognized by Inc.5000 as one of America’s fastest growing companies – 2 years running.
- They make selling your own digital products or courses super easy to sell on their platform with thousands of affiliates.
Some of the Programs You Might Be Interested in Joining Through JV Zoo:
Don’t get me wrong, there are products and companies within the network that are there for the long-term, too. It’s just a bit different.
What Types of Bloggers Might Want To Join JV Zoo:
Having said all of that, if you blog about blogging, online business opportunities, or doing business online in general, JV Zoo might be a good network for you to join.
- Skimlinks technology automates affiliation of your commerce content
- They are a global network of 48,500 merchants and 50 demand partners (including Affiliate, CPA, CPC…)
Some of the Programs You Might Be Interested in Joining Through Skimlinks:
Skimlinks is different in that they use technology to automatically add affiliate (and other paid) links to your content for you. They work with 50 affiliate networks and almost 50k merchants worldwide. Companies like: Sephora, Target, Zappos, Anthropologie, Lululemon, Hulu, etc.
What Types of Bloggers Might Want To Join Skimlinks:
Newer bloggers would would love to join exclusive affiliate programs that don’t accept newer bloggers may have a better chance by getting started with Skimlinks.
Bloggers who already have a bunch of content that doesn’t contain affiliate links may also find Skimlinks to be the perfect answer.
- ClickBank is a top 100 online retailer with 200 million customers.
- They sell digital products worldwide created by entrepreneurs.
- You can find products for sale here even in the tiniest niches (like a cruise ship employment guide!)
Some of the Programs You Might Be Interested in Joining Through ClickBank:
ClickBank works with entrepreneurs from all over the world who are selling digital products. The product categories include: arts & entertainment, as seen on tv, betting systems business, investing computers, internet, cooking, food & wine, e-business & e-marketing, education, employment & jobs, fiction, games, green products, health & fitness, home & garden, languages, mobile, parenting & families, politics / current events, reference, self-help, software & services, spirituality, new age & alternative beliefs, sports, and travel.
They even have an “affiliate marketer’s swipe file” that might be super helpful if you’re new to affiliate marketing. (I haven’t seen that one for myself yet, but it looks promising!)
What Types of Bloggers Might Want To Join ClickBank:
If you prefer to sell digital courses (over physical products) and/or your readers love to learn new things, ClickBank is worth a look.
- Rakuten wants to make the Internet “a place that brings relevance, value and enjoyment to everyone involved—advertisers, publishers and consumers alike.“
- They’ve been voted the #1 Affiliate Marketing Network for eight straight years.
- You’ve probably even seen their ads on TV.
Some of the Programs You Might Be Interested in Joining Through Rakuten:
- Lyft (become a driver in your spare time & earn $1000)
- EBates is now Rakuten (and you can get $10 just for signing up!)
What Types of Bloggers Might Want To Join Rakuten:
Because they work with so many merchants, the Rakuten affiliate network is a great fit for almost any kind of bloggers.
Flex Offers Overview:
- FlexOffers has a growing collection of 12,000+ affiliate programs to join.
- They have great reporting and a super easy interface, which makes your affiliate marketing efforts easier.
Some of the Programs You Might Be Interested in Joining Through Flex Offers:
- Inspire3 is a “niche” affiliate network with just a handful of products/companies to promote
- They pay 60% on every purchase and upsell, paid via PayPal (and they cover any PayPal fees)
Some of the Programs You Might Be Interested in Joining Through Inspire3:
What Types of Bloggers Might Want To Join Inspire3:
Based on the links above, I’m sure you can imagine that Inspire3 would work best for spirituality, new age, Law of Attraction type blogs.
Well, there you have it! The Best Affiliate Marketing Networks for Bloggers. I’m curious, do you have a favorite affiliate network that didn’t make the list? Let me know in the comments below!